Yes Jonathan, our store is just a few years old.  What’s interesting with both
instances within a week were the employees didn’t have a clue they even took
NFC payments, the person taking my payment at the Rooster was the owner & she
didn’t know.

At Lowe’s the clerks tell me sometimes the phones work & sometimes they don’t.
Their registers use a radio frequency that some Android phones utilize, the old
touch & go cards where the customer would “tap” the card or phone on the
reader.  Not near as secure but once again the employee doesn’t know.

Yesterday one of my Epson printers informed me it was running low on ink, the
pop up window showed me the levels of ink on a graph with a link to Epson for
the purchase, right to the proper cartridges, very cool.

I checked their price with Amazon, practically the same.  Loaded the cart &
checked out. Got to payment & the only option was a credit card. I emptied the
cart & went to “contact us” & wrote them a note that I had several of their
printers & 3 of their scanners, loved their products but I was not going to put
my card info on yet another firms servers where hackers have their way with
everyone’s lack of security.  I’ll go to Staples, undoubtedly pay more, but can
use ApplePay.  Epson is to reply within 24,hours.  These firms need to learn
they are to serve their clients & not make us bend to their choices.

John

Sent from my iPad