Make sure to apply the changes before trying the network again. If you close
network preferences, it should ask if you want to keep (?) or apply (?) the
changes. It couldn’t hurt to then turn off your wifi and the turn it back on.

Bill
And who says Windows and the Mac aren’t getting more and more alike...