Sorry for being away from this thread for so long, I'm doing
"real-world" work away from the computer over the holiday break
(tiling a floor!) so I only get to check email a couple times a day.

On 12/28/2016 3:51 PM, David Kalwar wrote:

> So the lines "buffer", "mode" and "scan_elements" are missing.

These are missing on my system when the ADC is working normally, I
think they are from a newer version of the ADC driver.  Can you verify
the files are also missing on your system when the ADC is working
correctly?

> So trying to read a oneshot value gives:
>
> machinekit@beaglebone:~# cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device0/in_voltage0_raw
> Resource temporarily unavailable

OK, so that means the kernel driver isn't responding to the sysfs
request.  This is what used to happen with the ADC driver, but it
would only fail for an individual sample, then go back to normal
operation.  It now seems to no longer recover.  :(

> After a "sudo reboot", the "iio:device0" was missing, it came back only after
> starting machinekit.

That is expected.  The ADC driver isn't loaded until you load the iio
cape overlay, typically done in the setup.sh script of your machine
configuration.

> Now the "in_voltageX_raw" shows the values.
>
> Really hope this helps!

It's looking like a kernel driver problem.  Anyone want to debug the
kernel driver, try back-porting the latest driver from 4.x, or make a
4.x kernel patched with Xenomai?  All three options should be
possible, but I'm not sure which is easiest or best.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net