It is floating point, otherwise it could only ever be accurate to the nearest whole unit

On 30/03/18 08:59, John Dammeyer wrote:
I'll answer my own question. I was searching through the HAL docs rather than the ini docs.

In that document I found ANGULAR_UNITS = degrees and has nothing to do with NC code.
"'ANGULAR_UNITS = <units>' - Specifies the 'machine units' for rotational axes. Possible choices are 'deg', 'degree' (360 per circle), 'rad', 'radian' (2pi per circle), 'grad', or 'gon' (400 per circle). This does not affect the angular units of NC code. In RS274NGC, A-, B- and C- words are always expressed in degrees."
It doesn't state if the SCALE is a floating point number like 75,000 pulses per 360 degrees = 208.33333 per 1 degree or if it has to be 208.

--
website: http://www.machinekit.io blog: http://blog.machinekit.io github: https://github.com/machinekit

website: http://www.machinekit.io blog: http://blog.machinekit.io github: https://github.com/machinekit