Depends on what you are running for your USB.  Ethernet, then you are good.
There is the old way using halcmd stuff, and the new way using the
mkwrapper protocol.
The latter is what is used for Machineface and Cetus.  I use Machineface
for running my machine from my tablet.
File transfers are built in then.