On 12/04/18 14:59, j...@allwinedesigns.com wrote:
Thanks for the advice!

I started implementing this the other day and am running into follow errors when switching between modes using a hal pin.

Yes I did predict that it would likely cause problems

"The actual instant of changeover could reek havoc if it occurred midway through setting the joints say, so that would need to be catered for with a function

that acted upon the changeover pin changing state, clearing old data and establishing new defaults or whatever."

You might be able to get around it by forcing the position_fb to whatever the actual position changes to, perhaps by unlinking position_fb at the right point then re-linking,
with it set to the same as the actual position after the move.

I found this thread on the LinuxCNC forums which discusses the same desired behavior and the same errors I'm encountering. It seems like they were able to resolve the issues, so I'll give what they tried a shot: https://forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configuration/31813-tcp-5-axis-kinematics?limitstart=0

We don't have the joints / axes work backported into Machinekit, it caused a lot of problems in Linuxcnc initially, so interesting that it seems to help this succeed.

Hopefully it will work for you too.