> On Feb 22, 2019, at 7:51 AM, Neil Alexander <neilalexan...@neilalexander.eu>
> wrote:
>
> Our main problem here is that we aren't using Swift or Objective-C, so trying
> to use NWListener and NetService are out

You could use CGo to call some glue code written in those languages.

[Off-topic, but: This project looks very interesting, but my heart sank when I
saw it’s written in Go. It’s not a bad language, but it’s awkward to integrate
into anything else, esp. on mobile, because of its insistence on doing
everything differently, from heaps to threading to stack frames. (I’ve written
quite a lot of Go in the past, so I’m not speaking from ignorance here...)]

—Jens