> On Feb 22, 2019, at 8:55 AM, Neil Alexander <neilalexan...@neilalexander.eu>
> wrote:
>
> There is Cgo for that but it’s not exactly elegant - suitable for one-off
> calls here and there but I don’t think it would be great for writing a
> replacement for the built-in socket API in Go, especially when we’re already
> using that when targeting the build for many other platforms.

The standard Go socket API is implemented in CGo. I don’t recall the API, but
isn’t it defined as interfaces that you can implement new versions of?

Also, why does the Mac version of this have to use a different network API than
other platforms? Or are you trying to add extra functionality that isn’t
available cross-platform?

—Jens