On Jan 6, 2015, at 3:18 AM, LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:

> On 03 Jan 2015, at 19:22 , Macs R We <macs...@macsrwe.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 3, 2015, at 6:19 PM, Dinse, Gregg (NIH/NIEHS) [C]
>> <di...@niehs.nih.gov> wrote:
>>
>>> I do remember all of my computers recently having a message panel pop up
>>> that said something about a security update.  This was the first time that
>>> I recall thinking that the update had been performed without asking for my
>>> permission.
>>
>> Yup, everybody saw this, and indeed it was the first time.  Not a good
>> precedent.
>
> Why would you say that?

Wait until the first time they blow the patch… and you’ll say that, too.
Remember iOS 8.0.1?

> It was a remote code-execution with privilege elevation bug against a service
> that is running on the majority of OS X machines. It doe not get any more
> critical than that. Machines with an patched ntp were, quite literally, 100%
> exploitable.

The NTP exploit required the exploiter to be on the same local network as I am.
 That puts my actual risk in the vicinity of “ho hum."

I want to decide when new stuff hits the computer I own, thank you very much.