The fewer management options might make it worth keeping the TM server on an
older OS...at least until Apple stops doing security patches for a business
setting...but for SOHO use that is t as big of a deal probably.

WiFi is slower,  but again for home use laptops are rarely wired connections.

Other options are worth considering...I use TM on our daily driver laptops but
only for /Users...system and apps don’t get TM backups. My primary backups are
a series of CarbonCopyCloner jobs anyway.

neil

The three kinds of stress…nuclear, cooking and a&&hole. Jello is the key to the
relationship.