I had the weirdest iPhone problem a few days ago.

I was in the passenger seat, on the road. I wanted to turn my iPhone all the
way off. So I held down the side button, waited for "Slide to power off," and
slid it. The screen dimmed to near black with a very faint spinner wheel on it
for about 15 seconds, then went all the way black. I set the phone down on the
console, and about ten seconds later it lit up bright with the black Apple, and
rebooted.

I did this several times, and got exactly the same result.

Then I figured, maybe it's because I have the charging cable plugged in. I only
plugged it in to charge, but the socket is also a data/music link for the
truck, so maybe the truck is doing something that turns it on again over the
charging cable. (I never heard of such a thing, but I don't use a lot of
peripherals.) So I unplugged the cable, then turned it off again. It promptly
came back on again.

The truck maintains a Bluetooth connection to my phone all the time, but I'm
not aware that there is any sort of a wake-on-Bluetooth function… is there?
There is no WiFi to or from the truck, and my personal hotspot is not enabled.

I tried turning if off in my bedroom last night, and it stayed off. Very
strange.

--
  Macs R We -- Personal Macintosh Service and Support
    in the Wickenburg and far Northwest Valley Areas.