The developer install doesn't have a customize option, so you get
everything.  I don't know about this lack of echo, since I install Perl
modules manually, putting them in a non-standard place.
Edward Moy
Apple Computer, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

(This message is from me as a reader of this list, and not a statement
from Apple.)