Ken Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jarkko Hietaniemi) wrote:
>>Ken wrote:
>>> Looking at the GNUmakefile produced during Configure, I see this:
>>>
>>> ============================================
>>> # The following are used to build and install shared libraries for
>>> # dynamic loading.
>>> LDDLFLAGS =  -bundle -undefined suppress -L/usr/local/lib
>>> SHRPLDFLAGS =  -L/usr/local/lib -dynamiclib
>>> -compatibility_version 1                        -current_version 5.0
>>>                      -image_base 0x4be00000
>>> -install_name $(shrpdir)/$@
>>> CCDLFLAGS =
>>> DLSUFFIX = .bundle
>>> PLDLFLAGS =
>>> LIBPERL = libperl.dylib
>>> LLIBPERL= $(LIBPERL)
>>> SHRPENV = env LD_RUN_PATH=/System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE
>>
>>Try commenting that line out with # and then retrying the build.
>>Since PerlIO seems to be part of the problem, do the build like this
>>
>>      env LD_RUN_PATH=$PWD PERLIO=stdio make all
>
>No dice, I get the same bus error as before.

Jarkko's suggestion does not help directly. PERLIO=stdio is still
using PerlIO infrastructure, but using stdio as the implementation.
The before-interpreter-exists issue is with the infrastructure
(I am using AVs and HVs in the infrastructure and the is no intepreter
to anchor them in :-( - I need to re-invent a hash table and a list-of-things
structure in perlio.c and use those.)

--
Nick Ing-Simmons
who is looking for a new job see http://www.ni-s.u-net.com/