In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Brian McNett) wrote:

> On Monday, January 14, 2002, at 09:42 AM, Chris Nandor wrote:
>
> > I wonder if maybe we should have Carbon:: or Cocoa:: namespaces?  Even
> > Mac::Carbon:: or Mac::Cocoa:: or Mac::Aqua:: etc.  This would be
> > Mac::Carbon::Something in that case ...
>
> I haven't weighed in on this issue (or much of anything of late)
> but this would seem to be the most reasonable solution.  This
> would give us Mac:: as the "classic" MacOS namespace,
> Mac::Carbon:: as the transitional API (with CarbonLib on MacOS 9
> and earlier systems),  and Mac::Cocoa as the namespace for MacOS
> X (and later) modules. Although I would still push for similar
> interfaces across similar modules (and there will be some
> duplicate functionality regardless of what else happens).

Note that the "Classic" Mac toolbox *is* almost entirely Carbon,
however.  There's been some thought that the port of the Mac:: toolbox
to Carbon could be in Mac::Carbon::, with the same interface, though I
am not sure it's necessary.  At this point, I figure the Mac:: toolbox
modules should stay where they are, in lieu of companions in
Mac::Carbon::, although additional Carbon modules could go there.

Or something.  I dunno, I am still trying to figure it out myself.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/