At 12:40 PM -0500 1/15/02, Chris Nandor wrote:
>In article <p05100303b8692d0d7508@[192.168.1.104]>,
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kee Hinckley) wrote:
>
>>  The nice thing about this approach is that writing the initial glue
>>  shouldn't be a big deal.  Handling every possible object is a lot of
>>  work, but it can be built incrementally.  Anytime someone needs to
>>  handle a new type of object they simply add the relevant Applescript
>>  and Perl code to the libraries.
>>
>>  Is any of this making sense?
>
>I'm not sure, but it seems a lot more complex than simply dropping an
>application on a droplet and then coding to it in Perl, bypassing
>AppleScript altogether.

Somehow I missed this the first time round.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by that sentence.  My goal is to
be able to write an event-driven Perl program that is taking
information from the UI, and passing information back.  Ideally *not*
by execing the Perl program everytime.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/