In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Mark S Lowe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is BARELY an update. BBEdit is going the way of Interarchy.=20
> They've run out of features, or in most causes reached a point where=20
> they refuse to program anything difficult, so we're left with features=20=

they have seem rather ossified.

i had a few exchanges with their techies about syntax coloring.  some of my
code doesn't color correctly, and they don't color everything i need.

i could fix things if i wanted to buy CodeWarrior and go through all of
that pain, but i think they should have a better mechanism for that.
why should i have to compile somthing for every language?  i should
be able to write a language description file, like vim has perhaps,
and that is that.

a few other exchanges on things like that lead me to beleive their
locked into their code base now.

i love the program, and i buy every version, but i do miss some of the
aspects of open source development.  i still wouldn't give it up because
i like it much better than any other editor that has ever existed. :)

i'll have to see about this CVS tool thing.  i'm dubious.