In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chris Nandor) wrote:

> Mac::Processes can give you much of the information you could want.  It
> provides a PSN instead of a PID, but I could add GetProcessPID() and
> GetProcessForPID() to Mac::Processes, which maps between the two.  Take a
> look at the module and see if there's anything else there you need that it
> doesn't provide.  :-)  Let me know, or file a report on SourceForge.net.

I don't know how much use Mac::Processes will be to you for this, but I went
ahead and added the two functions for the next release.  I know I've wanted
the functionality before.

  $ perl -MMac::Processes -e '$psn = GetCurrentProcess(); printf "%d == %d,
  %08X == %08X\n", GetProcessPID($psn), $$, $psn, GetProcessForPID($$)'

  1862 == 1862, 015A0001 == 015A0001

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/