In article <p05200f2fba664b45b6c6@[192.168.254.205]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rich Morin) wrote:

> I've come up with some peculiar questions about OSX file systems:
>
>    *  How can I get the file length and size on disk for a file's Data
>       and Resource forks?

Mac::Carbon, in "beta" or something (it is still early in the porting
effort, but it seems to work well), provides the same access as you get in
MacPerl, so you can use the same code for this as noted in the MacPerl book,
which you probably have a copy of, somewhere.  :-)

>    *  How can I get the "Kind" information (as reported by File Buddy,
>       Get Info, and Super Get Info)?

>    *  How can I get the contents of an alias?

As Peter N Lewis noted, again using Mac::Files via Mac::Carbon, using the
same interface as you would under MacPerl.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/