Hi,

Yes, this seems to be another case of a Perl define (I_POLL) colliding with a Mac OS X one (in OpenTransportProtocol.h). Panther now has poll() (an emulation actually), so that is why I_POLL is now defined.

A quick workaround is to apply the following patch:

[snip]

This allows it to build for me, and the tests succeed. One other difference, which might not really make a difference, is that I used gcc 3.3, not 2.95 as you do.

I only used gcc 2.95 because Dan was suggesting to build the distribution with it, back in the 7B21 days. Thanks a lot for the help, installation succeeded and I'm a happy man. Rock on.

Antoine
--
Antoine Quint <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
W3C SVG Working Group Invited Expert