It seems to me, that vi and vim are very similiar. I actually thought they
were the same. What is the difference?

Joe.

On Mar 2, 2005, at 5:20 PM, Ted Zeng wrote:

Hi, all,

Thanks for all the replies. They are all very useful to me.

I have downloaded TextWrangler and used it for a short while. It satisfies all my need right now.
In fact, I feel it is better than the shareware I used to use for editing Perl scripts on Windows.
TextWrangler is free from Bare Bone Software, which also sells BBEdit.

I have learnt vi before. Than I used MPW shell. I never get really comfortable with vi.
But I can still edit a file when it is needed on a UNIX. But it is clumsy for me.

Some friends have recommended vim and emacs to me. And one of the reasons is he can
remotely edit a text file very easily. Maybe one day I will learn emacs or vim
as a challenge. One more thing that I feel uncomfortable with is X-window stuff.

ted zeng
Adobe Systems