On Mar 10, 2005, at 9:58 AM, Mike Lesser wrote:

On Mar 9, 2005, at 5:19 PM, Sherm Pendley wrote:

On Mar 9, 2005, at 5:03 PM, Mike Lesser wrote:

    # To use CGI scripts:
    #
    #AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

That doesn't do much when it's commented out. ;-)

That's why I included it - the web article told me to uncomment it, but when
I did, all I got were permission errors.

The permission error you got were entirely unrelated. They're actually a *good* sign - it means that Apache is correctly configured and trying to run the script as a CGI, but can't do it because the file permissions on the script are set incorrectly. You need to make the script executable with 'chmod', like this:

        chmod +x /path/to/script.cgi

sherm--