It is possible that it could not write out the
makefile. Then everything will fail after that.

ted

On Apr 28, 2005, at 3:12 PM, Chris Nandor wrote:

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mark Wheeler) wrote:

Forgive the long reply, but I'm not sure exactly what to look for, so
here is the complete output:

Here is the first error:

Writing Makefile for Mac::AppleEvents
Writing Makefile for Mac::Components
Writing Makefile for Mac::Files
Writing Makefile for Mac::Gestalt
Writing Makefile for Mac::InternetConfig
Writing Makefile for MacPerl
Writing Makefile for Mac::Memory
Writing Makefile for Mac::MoreFiles
Writing Makefile for Mac::Notification
Writing Makefile for Mac::OSA
Writing Makefile for Mac::Processes
Writing Makefile for Mac::Resources
Writing Makefile for Mac::Sound
Writing Makefile for Mac::Speech
Writing Makefile for Mac::Types
Writing Makefile for Mac::Carbon
     -- NOT OK
Running make test
   Can't test without successful make
Running make install
   make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

And here's another:

Writing Makefile for Time::Epoch
     -- NOT OK
Running make test
   Can't test without successful make
Running make install
   make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

Note the pattern. The make is failing for everything, without even any make
actually happening. My guess is you didn't install all the parts of the
Developer Tools or whatever.

Another possibility is that your CPAN config can't find make, since it
wasn't there when you first configured CPAN.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Technology Group       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://ostg.com/