On 08/06/2005 at 16:15 +0900, Robin wrote:
I'm making a perl frontend to a mySQL server to serve up images. Some
of the images are jpegs with keywords stored as comments in the file,
and I want to be able to access those comments through perl. Is there
a module which already exists which does this?

If the comments are EXIF, there's an Image::EXIF library on CPAN:

http://search.cpan.org/~ccpro/Image-EXIF/EXIF.pm

If they use IPTC instead, there're libraries for that, too:

http://search.cpan.org/~jcarter/Image-IPTCInfo/IPTCInfo.pm

There are alternatives to both of these modules, I believe, but hopefully the names of the metadata formats will help you to get started.

--
:: paul
:: historic light cone