At 08:53 -0500 1/10/07, Jay Savage wrote:
>As I said before, you have two options here. Since reinstalling all
>your Finked software manually probably isn't appealing, what you need
>to do is use your .xinitrc file to setup the fink environment in X.
>Either setup your PATH and PERL5LIB manually in .xinitrc (it works
>just like any other rc file) or source /sw/bin/init.sh.

Another option on a Mac is to define $PERL5LIB at the time of login to the OS
itself.

That is done with an XML file $HOME/.MacOSX/environment.plist where you can set
environment variables that are set up for all applications you activate. Apple
has a note on it that CAN be found on apple,com.

A well behaved rc file will NOT remove things previously defined but
/etc/cshrc, the global startup file, can and will overwrite any $PATH you set
in environment.plist.

--
-->  The greenhouse effect due to water vapor has never been fully modeled and
weather forecasting remains irreducibly complex. It is clear that global