Not a single word about perl. No mention of CamelBones, using the Scripting Bridge for perl, or the fact that perl has CPAN with 12,000+ high quality

I'm surprised that you are surprised. After all you took part in the thread in which Sherm said this:

   http://www.mail-archive.com/macosx@perl.org/msg09739.html

Maybe Ed Moy can fill us in on why that internal pickup never happened but that is by the by. The real issue is that perl people using OS X didn't get excited enough about CamelBones to pitch in and help.[0] Can you really blame Apple for not getting hot and sweaty about it too?

All we can hope for is that Sherm now comes out from under the dark cloak of an NDA and tells us something new and exciting...

[0] I'm a designer and very lightweight scripter. Hacking a bridge is way beyond my capabilities. But I did help out with some graphics and an initial website design. And a command line tool for ShuX.