On 04.02.2011 12:24, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> Have you installed the mysql libraries on your OS X system first?
>
> You need more that just the perl bindings to MySQL, you need to have MySQL
> installed on your machine, along with whatever libraries needed to run it.
> That is to say, runtime and buildtime dependencies.
>
> BTW, you may want to look into Postgres since MySQL was recently bought by
> Oracle.
>

> Regards,
>
> Jeremiah

Sorry, Jeremiah, I answered off list, privately. Here the contents of my
answer:

Hello Jeremiah!

Thank you for your answer! At least, there was one. I could not answer
you in time, because my only computer, my life partner, PBP 17' was in
clinic for two weeks. Now I have a new logic board, but still now
DBD::mysql module and not many answers in this group :-(

Of course I have mysql installed; and for the next one, asking
questions: yes, on my $PATH there are the mysql bin included:

% echo $PATH
/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/sw/include:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

Best greetings to all

marek