On 6/17/11 11:58 PM, John Delacour wrote:
At 23:34 +0200 17/06/2011, Marek Stepanek wrote:

Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
at intro6.pl line 12

Probably a silly question, but have you installed MySQL?
<http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/>

I'm afraid I can't advise since I can't stand MySQL and find life much
easier with SQLite.

JD

:-) I am meanwhile professional in installing mysql Databases. I am installing since one year now all possible variants of this software, 32-bit, 64-bit. I am trying same time to install DBI module and DBD::mysql over it. DBI is installing always without any problem. But DBD::mysql only with many tricks. And the reason to change my one and a half year laptop, was also these troubles between 32-bit and 64-bit software, and all this Perl mess.

Probably you are right: I should learn an other Database. Or should I switch to PHP?

mysql daemon is running, when I start my script. The Database webdb is created:

$dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:host=localhost;database=webdb",
"webdev","webdevpass",

and there are four entries in "teams" ...

$sth = $dbh->prepare ("SELECT name, wins, losses FROM teams");

Thank you! Nice weekend!

marek