On Mar 9, 2011, at 2:09 PM, David Gentry wrote:

Rainer,

I am responding to your message of today:

On 03/09/2011 02:51 AM, David Gentry wrote:
My Mac appears to corrupt the mysqld file whenever I download mysql5
and mysql5-server from MacPorts.  I would very much like to see a
current copy of the contents of mysqld.  Maybe that way I can
determine what my Mac is doing to mysqld.  Could someone please send
me a copy of the contents of mysqld?

What makes you think it is "corrupt"?
What is the error message or behavior you are seeing?

>The behavior I am seeing:

I am following the MacPorts wiki, and I run either sudo -u mysql mysql_install_db5 or sudo mysql_install_db5. I get the same response:

        "FATAL ERROR: Could not find mysqld

        The following directories were searched:

                /usr/local/mysql-5.5.6-rc-osx10.6-x86_64/libexec
                /usr/local/mysql-5.5.6-rc-osx10.6-x86_64/sbin
                 /usr/local/mysql-5.5.6-rc-osx10.6-x86_64/bin

David,

MacPorts does not support having anything in a directory named /usr/ local.

Please reply with the output of the following comments.

$ echo $PATH
$ ls -la /usr/local
$ port contents mysql5

Regards,