On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Sep 5, 2014, at 1:45 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
>>
>> Starting with kdevelop 4.7, C++11 is going to be required
>
> Currently, that means the port will have require OS X 10.9 and later. Support
> for 10.7 and 10.8 would involve moving all of MacPorts from libstdc++ to
> libc++ on those systems, which we have pondered before but not yet agreed to
> do, nor worked out how such an upgrade could be facilitated.

I already argued that we really need a libc++-based buildbot for 10.6-10.8.

From what I understood all we need is a fix in binary package
signature + time and resources to set up the buildbots. Once the
buildbots run, people can start testing and switching to libc++. Once
we get to a satisfactory support, we can recommend everyone to switch
and retire the libstdc++-based buildbots if needed.

Switching from libstdc++ to libc++ would be equal to switching from
10.x to 10.(x+1). (Nice to automate one day, but people should switch
manually for now and reinstall everything from scratch.)

The libc++-based MacPorts works well on < 10.9 already for most
packages. Supporting libstdc++ is getting increasingly painful with
more and more software depending on C++11.

Mojca