On 28/10/16 12:45, Peter Hancock wrote:
On 28/10/2016 11:03, Peter Hancock wrote:
On a snow leopard machine, mtr won't upgrade from 0.86 to 0.87.
The trouble, according to the log, is that IPPROTO_SCTP isn't defined.

What I did was to edit /usr/include/netinet/in.h
and give IPPROTO_SCTP the same value (132) as it has on
the Yosemite machine on which mtr build.

It built, and seems to work (for what I use it for, anyway).

Needless to say, that is not a good idea, hacking the system files...

Instead you should patch the source for mtr to define IPPROTO_SCTP in some appropriate header file there...

Chris