On 28/10/16 14:08, Peter Hancock wrote:
On 28/10/2016 13:10, Chris Jones wrote:

On 28/10/2016 11:03, Peter Hancock wrote:
On a snow leopard machine, mtr won't upgrade from 0.86 to 0.87.
The trouble, according to the log, is that IPPROTO_SCTP isn't defined.

What I did was to edit /usr/include/netinet/in.h
and give IPPROTO_SCTP the same value (132) as it has on
the Yosemite machine on which mtr build.

It built, and seems to work (for what I use it for, anyway).

Needless to say, that is not a good idea, hacking the system files...

Yes of course it's Wrong. (Once it built, I removed the hack.)
Sadly I've never learnt how to use "patch" or indeed (m?)any of the tools one
needs
to tweak things in macports ...

I don't really care what you do to your own machines, in private. Just don't post advice like this to the list, for others to follow ;)

Please also keep your replies on-list.

Chris

Instead you should patch the source for mtr to define  IPPROTO_SCTP in some
appropriate header file there...

Peter