On 14 Feb 2018, at 14:56, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:
> I'm aware of "cask" being a feature of Homebrew. If that's what you're
> referring to, what does the feature do / what do you want MacPorts to do in
> regard to this?

Manage (and here the terminology gets trickier) more generally available
application bundles, from DEVONthink to ungoogled chromium.

> We will definitely never offer a user-facing feature for building the HEAD
> version of a port's code.

I still think the feature should be added, specially for devel ports, even if
it's not supported when problems arise.

>> LinuxPorts (analog to Linuxbrew),
> What does this do / what do you want this to do?

I haven't tried it yet, but I guess I could install the same or similar set of
tools using the same package manager interface.

> I see a submission for rb-vagrant; is that the same thing?
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/43225

> elasticsearch is in MacPorts.
> The submissions of logstash and kibana are here:
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/44824
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/44822

I couldn't find elasticsearch in macports. The submissions for vagrant,
logstash and kibana are abandoned or work in progress since more that 3 years.