On 14 Feb 2018, at 20:46, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.web...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> In a recent poll
> <https://www.slant.co/versus/1588/1674/~macports_vs_homebrew>, homebrew was
> recommended 375 to 25 over MacPorts.
> Most developers who offer their software for download and building manually
> recommend homebrew for supporting software. Almost nobody recommends MacPorts.

I couldn't care less about polls, but I do care that quite often, when I find
an interesting piece of software at github, the developer recommends homebrew.
Another point is port submissions that gather dust (see vagrant and ELK
mentioned earlier). And although I got accustomed to MacPorts and shun
homebrew's alky lingo, I rather have latter as a fallback and not the other way
around.