On 2018-04-26, at 5:42 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>> If you use the_silver_searcher on texlive-bin you will see a flag in
>> autotools build scripts called need_luajit . It looks like many different
>> tools call for it, and you'd have to disable a lot to get past needing it.
>
> I have no time to check right now, but I'm pretty sure that nothing
> beyond luajittex and mfluajit should need it. Disabling the two should
> really do its job.
>
> Mojca

I think you're right. need_luajit pops up in a lot of places, but it condenses
around those two items where it does pop up. That should work.

KensMacBookPro-2:texlive-source-20170604-stripped$ ag need_luajit .
autom4te.cache/output.1
4478:  need_luajit=yes
4623:  need_luajit=yes

autom4te.cache/output.2
4478:  need_luajit=yes
4623:  need_luajit=yes

configure
4478:  need_luajit=yes
4623:  need_luajit=yes

libs/autom4te.cache/output.1
3658:  need_luajit=yes
3803:  need_luajit=yes
5519:if test -x $srcdir/luajit/configure && test "x$with_system_luajit" != xyes
&& test "x$need_luajit" = xyes; then

libs/autom4te.cache/output.2
3658:  need_luajit=yes
3803:  need_luajit=yes
5519:if test -x $srcdir/luajit/configure && test "x$with_system_luajit" != xyes
&& test "x$need_luajit" = xyes; then

libs/configure
3658:  need_luajit=yes
3803:  need_luajit=yes
5519:if test -x $srcdir/luajit/configure && test "x$with_system_luajit" != xyes
&& test "x$need_luajit" = xyes; then

texk/autom4te.cache/output.1
3658:  need_luajit=yes
3803:  need_luajit=yes