> On Nov 7, 2019, at 06:34, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org
>
> If `port installed requested` shows things that you don't actually want, tell
> MacPorts by marking them as not requested:
>
> sudo port unsetrequested portname1 portname2 ...
>
> Then `sudo port reclaim` will be able to uninstall them, if they're not
> needed for anything else you've installed. Reclaim won't uninstall things it
> thinks you want.
This set a little trap for me. For some reason, clamav, which I did request,
was not shown as requested. So, when I ran reclaim, it was removed. I was
puzzled at first when freshclam started to fail. I’ve reinstalled clamav now
and all is well. Is there some reason why clamav would not be flagged as
requested?