From: Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 9, 2019 5:53 PM
To: Hans Goedbloed
Cc: Chris Jones; trainma...@gmail.com; MacPorts Users
Subject: Re: failure to get gcc9 running

On Nov 9, 2019, at 08:48, Hans Goedbloed wrote:

(Since there are numerous complaints on Xcode 11.2 and Catalina, I downloaded
Xcode 10.0.)

It's true that using Xcode 11.x on Mojave with MacPorts can be problematic
right now and we recommend using Xcode 10.x on Mojave. But you should use the
latest version of Xcode 10.x, which is 10.3. Install the Xcode 10.3 version of
the command line tools too.

--->  Installing libgcc9 @9.2.0_1
Error: Failed to install libgcc9: no destroot found at:
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_lang_gcc9/libgcc9/work/destroot

See:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#nodestrootfound