Assuming of course that the developer wants to. Essentially, you'll
end up with the exact same situation you have on every other platform
where a screenreader exists, its going to be down to the developers to
make there applications accessable.
To be honest, using a touch screen is nice, knowing where abouts
things are on the screen is nice, but it'll be the developers of the
third party apps that will diside if the i phone has a strong
following in the blind communitty or not.

--
Kind regards, BEN.

email: bmustillr...@gmail.com
msn: benmustillr...@hotmail.com