This GWP sounds great.  But it seems to fulfill my friend's dream and
not mine.  I want something portable that I can use to scan any object
or image, say a box of food at the grocery store or a hard copy map,
and feel it tactually.  Sounds like this thing is confined to the
computer.  Taking this discussion to the Opticon list and will let you
guys here know when I create thatnew group.