I read the article, but it does not state that Apple could not develop
a CDMA phone once the contract expires and well to be honest, I don't
know what the contract says or the exact date it terminates other than
2010 or 2011 are the dates I've heard tossed about. So, we'll just
have to wait and see. Like I said, I'm willing to wait as long as I
can get an iPhone that works on a reliable network where I work/live
and those areas I may travel. Not much of a traveler, so I won't be
hard to please. :) The hope in the end is that more carriers will gain
access to the subway in our area and that will help a lot of folks.
VZW has exclusive rights in there, which may have or will expire soon.
Then other carriers will enjoy access to the system and that is a good
thing. Competition is always a good thing.