For anyone it may help, I want to share my experience on the typing
aspect of the IPhone which have gotten really good over a short time.
At first you have to trust what dozens of others have said although it
won't seem like your experience at the time.  Hang in there though
because it gets really easy to do and I am talking about the typeing
too!  My fingers just really amazingly remember where the letters are
and can pretty much strike the one I want just from muscle memory with
about 95% accuracy I would guess.  That is after roughly about 7 hours
of any real typing on it.  If you do not land on the right one, it
does help a lot if you know the qwerty keyboard really well and what
is on what row.  Because if what you hear happens to be a row down or
up, just move and then over.  You won't be far off though after not
much time of practice when you do miss it by any.  For other things
you really remember where they are too.

Jim