Actually, the list button does work. Its function has changed from iOS 7.0.

When in the month view, list button now activates the month list view from iOS
6 calendar. In other words, with list button activated, double-tapping a date
selects it rather than opening it, and the appointments appear in a list below
the month view. I prefer this method because it permits me to quickly go
through a day and schedule new appointments for my patients at the end of each
session. I, therefore, am very glad Apple has placed this functionality back
into the calendar month view.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288