If you want to see all events over a longer period of time, You first need to
go down to a particular day. It doesn't matter, just open a day view. then
double tap the list button. All scheduled and past events will show up in a
vertical list. double tap the list button again to turn this off and return to
the day view. Note that this only works from within a day view. You can't get
this list from a month or year view.