Quite right Jim.  Here's how I did it.

1.  Open the widgit bar menu from F12.

2.  Select dictionary from this drop down.

3.  Type in or paste in the word you wish.

4.  Now, from the pop up menu just to the left of the text box, select either
dictionary or Thesaurus.
5.  Now, press return.  That'll do it.

Many thanks Jim.

Sent from my Mac, the only computer with full accessibility for the blind
built-in!

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray, still a very happy Mac and Iphone 5 user!