I feel a little bit guilty for saying this, as I just *know* there's a clear
conflict of interest going on here, but ...

It's obvious that Swift is the language Apple want you to use, and I don't want
to discourage you from that, because it's clearly designed for efficiency and
enjoyment.  But Objective-C (which I don't know very well, BTW) is built on top
of C (which I know very well), and in addition to covering you for all layers
of the operating system is a portable language that may come in useful to you
on other platforms.  Knowing C, in my opinion, sets you up for programming in
other languages, and really helps you to appreciate what they can do for you.

This having been said, there's an e-book on the iBooks store from Apple about
Swift, which you should seek out.  For purposes of OS X and iOS development
using modern frameworks, it's what you (and I) should use, and I will make
Swift my focus for such things if I ever need them in future.

Cheers,
Sabahattin