The fact that you tried to change to the computer in the middle of the
attempted download and update might possibly have confused things in some way
though I think people have done that successfully. Progress bars have been
known to stay at a certain point for quite a while without it meaning something
is wrong but I think people have also switched to the computer in the middle
and been okay.
Yes, Apple does require appointments unless you can get a walk-in, which I
guess you now know. What happens often, though not always, is that the person
calls Apple for over-the-phone help and when they are unable to solve the
problem they advise you to make an appointment with the Apple store. I think
that's the way I knew an appointment was needed when I had to go in for some
reason.
--
Cheryl

Go beyond the Christmas story this year;
meet Immanuel (God with us),
Jesus, the crucified Savior,
Christ, the risen LORD!!!