I won't pretend to understand all of this. My degree is computer science, not
higher mathematics or engineering. Still, I'm intrigued, and would love to hear
a practical example. To keep things on topic, would this library be usable from
a Swift or Objective-C app for iOS or OS X? If so, can you give a real-world
example of how? I understand representing things as sounds, but how would it
handle in a real app? That is, what about loading/managing sound buffers (you
can only have 16 at a time in OpenAL), handling stereo sound samples,
generating sounds on the fly instead of relying on recorded audio, applying
real-time filters or effects, managing occlusions and distance roll-offs, that
kind of thing? Is there a mapping engine, where the programmer can lay out the
"world" in some kind of XML or JSON format? Have I missed the point entirely?
> [...]
>
> I’ll get into more detail on the 3D sound part.
>
> It uses a node system, as mentioned earlier, to plug, unplug, blend or ratio
> fit one or more nodes t=which can be filters, user set paremeters or daisy
> chained hierarchies of sound buffers. So imagine you call a tree instance
> from my library. It uses phi and pi to generate the fractal links down to the
> leaf node. Each leaf node has physical properties which follow parent nodes
> with a coefficient, or a scalar value spread along the entire tree. Each node
> is a sound buffer or a set of sound buffers. Collision detection is made via
> matrix identification and eigan matrices. Now set a wind particle (full of
> bounding boxes) object that traverses the tree. Each collision triggers the
> sound of a rustle. in real 3D position relative to the user’s position.
>
> Now take these tree structures and use a spherical shape (revolving the nGon
> I mentioned earlier around its y axis) and pass it through a deformer (which
> changes scalar values of the vectors within the sphere). This deformer can
> use a set of physics class objects such as inertia, parabolic deviations,
> swirls, you name the geometric shape, there’s a math formulae for it.
> Consider that each vector or vertex is a bird in a school of birds. Apply an
> index to it, and use this other swarm algorithm I studied to create an array
> of bees, birds, fish, whatever. each, when colliding with each other will
> have a behavior generator using again, scalar values. I can’t stress enough
> the utility of matrices and transformations for things that go beyond just
> shapes.
>
> So I’ve gone way past my initial goal, and think this can be very useful.
>
> I want some help with some of the scripts, to complete them. I’m fine paying
> for it, but the person needs to not only like the idea, but actually believe
> in it.
>
> Anyway, here’s my two cents
>

> Yuma Antoine Decaux
> "Light has no value without darkness"
> Mob: +612102277190
> Skype: Shainobi1
> twitter: http://www.twitter.com/triple7 <http://www.twitter.com/triple7>
>

>> On 10/01/2015, at 11:18 pm, Alex Hall <mehg...@icloud.com
>> <mailto:mehg...@icloud.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Can you explain a bit more what this library is doing and how it might be
>> used? When you said 3d sound, I at first thought you meant something to
>> supplement or replace OpenAL, but that's clearly not the case. I'm not clear
>> on just what this does. Thanks.
>>> On Jan 10, 2015, at 2:34 AM, Yuma Antoine Decaux <jamy...@gmail.com
>>> <mailto:jamy...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am currently working on a 3D sound engine. I have so far done the
>>> following:
>>> 1-nodes structure for extracting tag and LUA function calls and creating a
>>> hierarchy of each node where parent node is UI.
>>> 2-A 3D sound library connecting to the js web sound API, using the node
>>> system
>>> 3-a parser toolset to create arrays of configurations between scripts and
>>> languages
>>> 4-A geometric 3D volume matrix with the node hierarchy class used as
>>> secondary process
>>> 5-using a parallell processing class to send socket information between
>>> nodes
>>> 6-A socket distribution (select()) daisy chain communication layer