Hi all,
I'm posting this to a couple lists, so sorry if you get it twice.

I'm having a problem with my Macbook Air, and it has me very worried: when I
plug in headphones, I lose audio. If I unplug them, it comes back. The
headphones are new, and work in my iPhone, leading me to the disturbing
conclusion that my Air's audio jack could be bad. The Mac is only three, and
has really only seen heavy use for a year or so, so I'm not sure how this might
have happened. I'm hoping it might be software, but I don't know, and I don't
know how to check. Does anyone know how I might confirm that the problem is
definitely hardware, and not some crazy software thing? It started a few days
after I began to play with Audio Hijack, and while that may well be
coincidence, I'd like to know for sure. It happens even when Audio Hijack isn't
running, for what that's worth. Any ideas? Thanks.

--
Have a great day,
Alex Hall