Hello,
Wondeful suggestion, though with Bootcamp, you'll have to repartition the
drive, wich IMHO is overkill for this situation.  So, it looks like VMware
is the easiest way to accomplish this task.  Not to mention, its a lot
quicker.  That's if Linux is even supported in a Bootcamp environment.  As
I recall, its designed to aid the installation of Windows, and we don't
know if it modifies the system EFI partition. Simply too many unknowns.