Hi,

Was the original drive formatted NTFS or FAT32?  NTFS privileges can sometimes
affect your ability to copy or if there are Windows system files in the folder,
they can cause you grief.  If you still have a Windows box, you could copy the
files back to it, format the drive FAT32 and then you shouldn’t have so many
issues.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada