I did so last year but so far to no affect.

DavidGriffith

On 17/03/2015 20:34, Joseph wrote:
Hello,
Please express this to Apple Accessibility.

accessibil...@apple.com <mailto:accessibil...@apple.com>

On Mar 17, 2015, at 1:29 PM, David Griffith <daj.griff...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have changed the subject line to reflect the direction the discussion is
going.

My own observations on Safari is that it is my preferred browser on all
platforms for general news and page reading largely because of the excellent
Reader function.

However like others I find that there are serious obstacles to using Safari and
Voiceover on many websites. Generally these problems appear related to sites
involving financial security measures / password verification and after various
problems experienced I reluctantly have decided to revert to Windows for many
task.

These include.
1. My  Nat West Bank site  which is unusable with Safari and Voiceover and
dumps me out at unpredictable moments. Entering passwords on this site under
Safari is also very confusing as there is no audible key echo, even a click.
Whether this is a Safari or Voiceover problem I do not know but this log in
section and other parts of the site works fine with both Firefox and IE with a
range of Window Screen Readers so I suspect it may be a Voiceover issue.

2.  There are problems for me with the multiple shopping websites which use the
UK Verified by Visa security password verification system for authorizing
payments.
To be fair I have occasionally managed to get this to work on Safari but on too
many occasions Voiceover does not recognize the edits boxes on the page, or
even when it does it does not seem able to read out the message content asking
for characters from your password.

On many occasions Voiceover does not give any feedback at all, even a click
when attempting to enter text into these edit boxes which is confusing and has
in the past resulted in me having to reset my password because of too many log
in attempts.

This means that even if I do the first part of a shop on Safari I normally
switch to Windows to complete the checkout of my trolley or basket to avoid
experiencing these problems.

What would help would be a screen refresh or screen redraw function as
available in Jaws or Window-Eyes as this resolves many focus issues on that
platform but I am not sure that this is a technology available to Voiceover ,
at least I have never found it so it would be great if somebody disabused me of
this.

I have reported these issues to Apple Accessibility and pointed out that in the
UK at least we are talking about the most major web providers. I think Nat West
is still the biggest online bank and all Nat West customers have to use
Verified by Visa if they are to use major online stores like Tescos and
Sainsburys.

Hopefully one day it will be sorted out.

David Griffithto in
.